Ideas for day trips
Thanks to our location in the Glemmtal valley in Pinzgau, there are numerous and very varied activities that you can try out. Salzburger land offers you not only impressive natural scenery, but there is also plenty for lovers of culture. There are lots of museums and galleries reachable in just a short time, and trips to Salzburg or to any of the many attractions in the surrounding area make great alternatives for sport-free or rainy days.
If you would like a few tips for day trips, we have put together a few of our own suggestions for you...
- The world-famous city of Salzburg with its many attractions
- Zell am See, with its historic old town
- The Krimml waterfalls, the highest in Europe
- The Großglockner High Alpine Road
- The Hohe Tauern National Park Centre in Mittersill
- The “Eisriesenwelt”, the largest ice cave in the world
- The Steinernes Meer mountain range and the Hochkönig mountain
- The refreshing Tauern Spa in Kaprun
- The impressive Lamprechtshöhle cave in Weißbach
- Hohensalzburg fortress, or Hohenwerfen castle
- The salt mines Salzbergwerk Hallein-Bad Dürnberg & Salzbergwerk Hallstatt
- And lots, lots more...